Individual Personal Training
Individual Personal Training Program at Body by Greg is typically reserved for people who either require a specific program due to injuries or inability to participate in a group training setting or for those who have never been working out before and have very little knowledge on the topic.
Each session is designed to address any issues that may occur. Consultation is required prior participation in a program.
To schedule a consultation click here
Majority of my new clients come to Body by Greg with most common goal - They want to lose weight.
Below is an outline of the Body by Greg Fat Loss Success System. Read and contact me to learn how to implement it for your weight loss goal.
BODY BY GREG – Fat Loss Success System First of all, congratulations!
You have taken a great first step in your journey by choosing to make a huge change in your life!
I want to thank you for choosing my program and trusting me to help you with your fitness and fat loss goals.
This Success System is a guide to help you in your fitness and fat loss journey. It covers every bit of information that I share co with my members and we have compiled the most effective and useful information and tips here.
There are a few simple things that you have to do to make sure that you are successful in your fat loss journey:
1) You need to make sure you are eating the right things.
2) You need to make sure you are exercising the right way.
3) You need to make sure you are consistently applying the knowledge that you have.
Now, there are obviously a lot of factors and things to think about that fall under these three items but that pretty much covers it all. I can tell you that the people that I have seen and helped that have had the most success follow all of these things.
There is no half way. If you go half way you get half way results.
Dive right in and make the commitment to yourself to look and feel better! In this success system I will lay out every single item that you will need to make sure that you have a successful BODY BY GREG experience. If you need to be eating something I will tell you exactly what it is, if you need to be exercising a certain way I am going to make sure that you know what to do. I will cover these things and everything else that I can think of to make sure that you have all the tools in the tool box to get killer results.
There is no one perfect way to eat or exercise for fat loss. This system is as close to the perfect roadmap for success that I can give you. A lot of things work, but these things work really, really well when put together and used on a regular basis. My goal is to give you the simplest and most effective nutrition plan, workout plan and goal setting and motivation tools that I can so that you get some crazy results and tell all your friends how great the program BODY BY GREG is and what it has done for you.
If you are a new member you WILL experience some soreness and discomfort during your workouts and after your workouts. This is normal. The goal is not pain, but if we are going to see great results we have to put forth great effort. If you are veteran member you already know about the soreness after your first workouts and have not been scared off by the soreness.
Congrats! I understand that BODY BY GREG TRAINING is not for everyone and not everyone is suited for it.
I want the hardest working and most dedicated individuals in our facility. The group camaraderie and support that you get at BODY BY GREG is second to none. It will help you reach your goals and to reach them faster. Get to know your fellow members and develop supportive relationships with them that will help drive the success of the entire group. We will provide you the support you need, challenging workouts, and help develop a great sense of accomplishment when you are done with your workouts. Those of you that fight through the workouts and see success will have a boost in confidence and self esteem. This won’t come easy but it will happen if you stick out the workouts and give your best effort. Not only will you gain confidence but your body will become stronger and you will see some amazing changes in your body.
I only ask a few things of you during your workouts.
1) Be consistent. You have to show up to get the benefits of training. You can’t sign up and expect things to change without putting in the work. Show up to as many sessions as possible and make it worth your while. We shoot for 90% compliance for optimal results. So you need to show up 90% of the time!
2) Effort, effort, effort. You have to put forth a great effort at every training session. Don’t expect to show up and “half ass” your way though the workouts and get something out of them. You have to make yourself work and take yourself out of your comfort zone. If you do this you will always be making progress towards your goal. I can tell you that these workouts work and you don’t need to do anymore than the 30-45 minutes of hard work that we do each day to see incredible results. I know this because I do these workouts myself and I have seen the incredible results that our members get.
3) Get better every day. Don’t settle for doing the same level of work at each and every session. It is really easy to get comfortable and stick with exercises that don’t make you a bit uncomfortable. Try to move up in your progressions of the movements that we are doing each day and work as hard as you possibly can. If you aren’t sweating, breathing hard, and hopefully making a lot of grunting and moaning sounds during your workout you might not be working hard enough. (Honestly, I don’t expect you to make funny noises, but if it happens I know you are working hard)
How do we measure progress?
We will be measuring your progress during the assessment and reassessment process throughout your training. The weights and measurements are not an option. You are required to do them weekly. We will be doing some or all of the following: movements’ screens, postural assessments, body fat tests, circumference measurements, and body weight.
There are numerous ways to measure progress with your workouts and nutrition.
First and foremost are you feeling better? If so that is the first step. If you feel better you can work harder and get even better results. Take a look at things like sleep, mood, and energy level during the day to see if you are feeling better after doing your workouts.
If you are a stickler for the scale you should weigh yourself only once per week on the same day. I prefer Monday weigh ins because it makes you be accountable for the weekend. If you have to think about weighing in on Monday you might not grab that double cheeseburger and a few beers on Saturday night.
You should also weigh in under the same circumstances each and every time. Same time, same day, after not eating much. The best time to weigh in is right after waking and using the restroom with the same clothes on. Keeping a log is a great way to track progress.
There are also some measurements that we generally take to check for progress.
We measure the upper body (chest), waist at belly button and hips.
All measurements are to be done to the nearest ¼”. Chest (upper body) is measured around the fullest part of your breast (women) and over the nipples (men). We stand behind you and after placing a tape measure you will be asked to take a big, deep inhale followed by exhale. The measurement is read after you exhale.
Abdomen/Belly Button- Measure the girth of your waist area directly across your belly button. Make sure that the tape measure is parallel to the ground.
Hip- The hip circumference is measured around the largest girth of buttocks.
Be sure the tape measure is not twisted and is parallel to the ground when measuring. Check your clothes! How are your normal jeans or shirts fitting? What about your belt? Are you noticing clothes getting loose or your belt needing tightened? If so you are losing fat. That is what we are really after.
Finally, everyone’s favorite: Before pictures. If you take a good before picture you will be able to compare photos and have a great success story ready to go when you lose all your fat and look great! To take a good before photo wear something that shows off your faults and bad areas. You want to take it in as little clothing as possible. Most likely a swim suit or something that shows your stomach. This way you can get an accurate assessment. You will want to stand tall and look straight ahead. Take one photo from the front and one from the side. We are after fat loss at BODY BY GREG so if the clothes are fitting better or more loosely, your measurements are headed in the right direction and the photos are showing changes I could really care less about what the scale says.
It is important to know where you are starting and where you want to go to make great progress. These starting measurements will help you to set a goal for yourself. Many people don’t know how to accurately set goals. If you don’t know where you want to go how are you going to know what to do to get anywhere?
Pick a goal or two and make a plan to get there. Goals need to be specific and measurable. They don’t have to be a weight goal but they should be something that has a set end point for you. Such as fitting back into my size 8 jeans or losing 3” off my waist. You should also give yourself a goal deadline.
When will you accomplish these things?
How long do you think it will take?
If you know you have a deadline you will be much more likely to actually accomplish the goal. Use the following to help you set your goals:
1) I want to….. (write down your goal, what you want)
2) I want to accomplish this by…. (how long will this take you)
3) To fulfill my goal I will…. (What actions will you take to reach your goal?
4) I can visualize myself….. (What do you see when you accomplish your goal?)
5) I believe and expect… (Restate your goal and give yourself positive affirmation that you will accomplish it!)
Now that you have your goal make sure that you know the steps you are going to take to get to your goal. This will be different for everyone but we will help you to lay out your plan as well in this manual. We will lay out exactly what you need to do for your nutrition, exercise and attitude to make sure that you are on point to meet your goals.
You are obviously in the BODY BY GREG training program for the awesome workouts and great support. There are so many other factors that go into your success that we are going to provide you with as well. The basic things that you need to remember is making sure that you attend each and every workout that you possibly can and giving it your best effort.
Make sure that you make it worth your while for showing up and get in a great workout. During your workouts we ask that you challenge yourself and push yourself to new heights. Don’t settle for being average. Do the absolute best that you possibly can and make sure that you are doing the work to get results. If you could just show up and get great results everyone would be in great shape.
The people that see great results are those that put forth the effort required to earn those results.
It isn’t all about calories! You can eat 1200 calories of crap and still be overweight. You can eat 2000 calories of healthy food and drop weight like you never thought possible. It is all about quality of the food you are eating. The first thing that we want to change is the quality of food. After we change the quality of the food you eat you can start to focus on the quantity.
Look at the food you eat and think about if it is fresh? Is your nutrition plan full of lean proteins, greens, veggies, and fruits? If not it probably isn’t good!
Here are a few rules that I like to start with:
1) Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. This should be obvious to everyone by now but by eating these small meals you speed up your metabolism and minimize the chances of you starving yourself and binging late at night.
2) Eat the majority of your food early in the day and less later in the day. Although I am not a big stickler on not eating late at night I do believe that you should load most of your calories early in the day and taper them off as the day goes on. This means breakfast is a requirement!
3) Your meals should be composed mostly of lean proteins and vegetables.
4) Don’t be afraid of fats. They keep you full and as long as they are healthy fats will speed up your metabolism and teach your body how to burn fat. If you deprive your body of fat in your diet you will be telling it that it needs to hold on to the fat that it currently has stored for excess energy.
5) Kick the carbs! Try to limit your carbohydrate intake. Sugars and starchy carbs are the first thing that should go in a fat loss diet. Take out your breads and potatoes and replace them with veggies and fruits.
6) Eliminate any drinks with calories with the exception of protein shakes and meal replacements. Think about what is added to all of your drinks: Starbucks, Coke, Juice, etc.
7) Follow your plan 90% of the time and allow yourself 10% to do whatever you want. This allows you to plan your cheating. If you eat 5 meals a day that equals 35 meals each week. This means that you have 3.5, or let’s say 3 meals that you don’t have to adhere to the plan. This means that you can skip the meal, eat something not on the plan or do whatever you would like but you have to get right back on the plan.
The easiest way to tackle the task of mastering all of these rules is to implement one new rule each week. Focus on just one item and make it work for you each and every week. This way you are constantly working towards achieving success. Most people don’t even know where to begin with picking out good foods to eat and where to find them.
First of all let me tell you that picking fat free is the wrong way to go. Don’t fall for gimmicky marketing tactics of food manufacturers. If it seems too good to be true it probably is! Try to eat as many natural things as you possibly can. If it has more than 5 ingredients you should think twice about eating it! Eating right doesn’t have to be expensive either. I understand that not everyone can eat all organic and fresh from the garden foods. Do your best to pick the healthiest options that you can and you will be fine.
I would rather pay my grocer than my doctor!
After a few weeks you should be pretty comfortable with the meal planning and you start to venture out on your own with some creative ideas. And you will have my newsletter delivered each week to your inbox with recipes. If you do slip and are not compliant with your meal planning don’t beat yourself up! Simply get back on the wagon and start again with the next meal. Starving yourself or punishing yourself is not a good way to make up for a poor meal choice. You are allowed to have some fun and live life, but you have to make a commitment to your health and fat loss. Follow the 90% rule!!!! Eat right 90% of the time and make 90% of your workouts!
Be honest with yourself and finally do what it takes to get lean and sexy!
For all the details, training, motivation and Body by Greg experience pick up your phone and call me now.