I don’t care about your results
Dear Body by Greg Clients,
I want to thank you for choosing me to be a part of your new Special Journey. As I always explain, the time we spend together is all part of a “process.” It is a process we’ll experience together.
Now, I want to say something very important to you. You may think this is cruel, insensitive, or at the very least, a bad business decision. I hope you’re sitting down because this may hurt. O.K. here goes:
“I Don’t Care About Your Results!”
There, I said it. It’s true. But, before you think I’m some sort of mean, evil, horrible person, let me tell you what I DO CARE ABOUT.
- I care that you receive the education and tools you need to help you reach whatever goals you’ve set for yourself.
- I care about your expectations. This will be a continual conversation. In my 20 years of helping people achieve their goals, almost 100% start out with unrealistic expectations. We shall embark on our Special Journey one step at a time with very real achievable goals that are specific to you.
- I care about motivating you and helping you to make the right decisions about food, activity, lifestyle and how it all affects your body (and your mind, too!).
- I care about your effort and participation. This Special Journey we are on together requires effort and participation from both of us — equally. If one of us fails the journey will end quickly. Think of a row boat with only one oar rowing!
- I care about never letting you down in terms of validation, motivation, education and always being there if, and when, you need me. You already have my email address and cell phone number. Here they are again ( firstname.lastname@example.org) (614-769-5542 ).
- If your appointment is scheduled for 5:00 a.m., I want you to know that I’ll be in the Studio at 4:45 a.m. preparing for our time together.
- I will email you at least 3 times a week with motivational and inspirational tips. This is not spam. You might think this is silly or even overkill. But it’s not. In my 20 years of experience this type of positive reinforcement is useful “mind programming” that will help us along our Special Journey together.
- I will post tons of good, funny, useful, interesting and educational stuff on our “Client’s Only” Facebook Page to make sure you stay informed and motivated. I will send you an emergency text straight to your cell phone if for some reason we need to cancel morning session so you don’t waste your time.
- I will always, ALWAYS tell you the truth. It’s NOT a “power play” or a way to “guilt trip” you into compliance. Telling the truth and being honest with each other is at the core of our relationship. And it works both ways. So, I expect you to tell me the truth, too. Whether you ate cheesecake last night or you don’t like my new hair style!
At the end of our Special Journey together, the results will be whatever they are. The fact is, no two people get the exact same results. There are way too many variables to think of results as some sort of score card. So, why stress over it?
Here’s what’s most important.
At the end of this Special Journey you will have knowledge. You will have tools. You will have confidence. You will have absolutely everything you need should you decide to continue on your own. Or, perhaps start a similar journey with someone special in your life….
My goal is to leave a strong, positive and lasting impact on you, that’s why I try to teach/coach every time we meet. I promise to give you my best.
I am looking forward to our next training session.
Your Personal Trainer and Friend